Whether you’re an individual, family, school or small or large organisation, you can help raise funds to support BKFA’s important work. Each year, generous and dedicated supporters and volunteers help BKFA by holding their own fundraising events.
Deciding to fundraise is easy, however it can be difficult to know where to begin. Our fundraising toolkit will help guide you through the process, it includes fundraising ideas and a step by step guide.
Here are just a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
- Cook – host a dinner party, bake sale or morning tea.
- Challenge yourself – run a marathon, climb a mountain or break a record.
- Donate in lieu of gifts – collect donations in lieu of wedding, birthday or new baby gifts.
- At work – host a casual clothing day or sausage sizzle at work.
- Quit – kick a bad habit to help a great cause.
- In memory – raise funds in honour of someone special.
- Create – invent your own fundraising theme!
Collect donations online
Once you have decided how you will fundraise, we highly recommend that you collect donations online. BKFA has partnered with mycause as a simple and fun way to raise money. On the mycause website you can build your own fundraising page, promote it via social media and email the link to your friends and family who can donate securely online. They can leave a message of congratulations or encouragement and will immediately receive a receipt.
There’s no cash collection, no paperwork and no hassle. What’s more, friends all over the world can support you. It is simple to set up and donations are automatically processed and sent directly to BKFA.
The My Cause website also offers the opportunity to pledge your birthday to BKFA – it’s so simple to do and means that, in lieu of gifts, you can ask that your friends and family make donations to BKFA. Whatever you choose, you can get started here!
If you have any questions or ideas, simply drop us a line at email@example.com.
The BKFA third party fundraising policy may be viewed here.
BKFA is committed to the ACFID Fundraising Charter.