Spread the word, raise awareness
Being able to continue and expand the work of the Foundation is dependent on retaining our existing supporters and connecting with new ones. There is no better way to do this than through the use of social media – and just talking about us to others of course!
Often the problems faced by women and their communities in developing countries can be complex and the solutions overwhelming and difficult for an individual to feel they are able to make a difference. That is the real beauty of the birthing kits – it is a simple concept to understand. There is an easily understood problem, a simple yet effective solution and an individual can make a difference for a very small dollar outlay, and particularly when getting involved hands-on at an assembly day.
Some of the key messages we constantly hear from our supporters are that they:
- were unaware that maternal and newborn mortality caused by easily preventable infections was still such an issue in this day and age
- can’t believe the effectiveness of such a simple thing as a birthing kit
- love how little it costs to make a difference and save a life
So you can help by:
- liking and following us on Facebook and sharing with your friends
- following us on other social media platforms (see the links on the bottom right of this page)
- talking about us in your workplace and running a Workplace Giving campaign to support us
- suggesting us as a cause to fundraise for through social and sporting clubs
- encouraging friends, family or work colleagues to become Members of BKFA
Every new connection that we make grows our supporter base exponentially and that can only be a good thing!